TAKING PRIVACY SERIOUSLY
All personal information given to us through this site will only be held and used in accordance with the Data Protection Act. We have developed a data protection policy, an information security policy, and other internal controls to ensure that our uses of customer information comply with the eight Data Protection Principles of good information handling.
We do not retain, keep, store or share, any credit card, debit card, or personal payment information.
The principles require data to be fairly and lawfully processed; accurate and kept up to date; adequate; relevant and not excessive; kept no longer than necessary; processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects; held securely; and not transferred to countries without adequate protection.
Great Food Affairs Ltd is committed to ensuring the privacy of your information. We understand that the privacy of your information is very important to you. We are careful about the information we ask you to provide and only use your information to process orders and to provide you with the best shopping experience possible.
We have set out below details of the information we will collect about you, how we ensure the security of your information and how we will use your information.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We only collect personal information that is knowingly and voluntarily given. Generally, this occurs when you register on the website, change your details, request a service, email us, or provide us with feedback.
When registering with us, we need to collect a variety of information including:
- your email address to confirm your order. We will also need your email address if you have given us permission to contact you about new features and special offers.
- your address for delivery/identification purposes.
- your telephone number in the event of a problem with your order or delivery, as we may need to contact you quickly.
- a username and password so we can store your details securely; and,
- payment information such as your credit card details to process payments. Once an order is placed, all payment information is then destroyed and is not retained by our business in any way.
- A username and password also mean we can recall your information for you each time you log in.
- We automatically collect anonymous information each time you visit. The information obtained in this way, which may include purchasing history or browsing patterns, is purely statistical and only used in aggregate form – it cannot be used to identify you. Typical information of this sort may be ‘30% of our customers buy SLABS crisps’.
- Information in aggregate form is used to: build our understanding of customer habits, interests, and requirements; build marketing profiles; help with the strategic development of our site and service; track usage of the site; measure the success of our service and help us improve our service.
HOW WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology that provides 128-bit encryption on your information before it is sent to us. This means only our secure server can read your information.
We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information, which you have given us, to prevent, unauthorised access or improper use. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we are able to disclose sensitive information to you. We have a strict internal policy, which members of staff must comply with as a condition of employment and no external access to the system is permitted.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use your personal information to: process orders; carry out market research; provide information about the products and services we offer; process payments and administer your account, verify your identity, deal with queries; run competitions and to help us provide the best possible service. We may also pass your details to third parties who offer products and services which may be of interest to you.
If you do not wish to receive information about our products and services, or about services offered jointly with or on behalf of other organisations, you can decline the opportunity during registration.
You have a right to access the information we hold about you. You can request a copy of the personal information we possess and have any inaccuracies corrected. We may make a charge of £10 for providing these details to you. We will request proof of identity before processing such a request. Please make any requests for information firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to our head office, address at the bottom of this statement, under ‘contact’.
UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can change the details you gave us when registering contacting us at email@example.com or call our office on +441606 784713. Please note our office opening hours are 11am-to-4pm, Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays).
We will not pass your information to any third parties if you have told us not to. We may pass on some general statistical information about our customers, sales figures, traffic patterns and related matters to reputable third parties, but these details will not include any personally identifying information. We may also disclose information about you if required to do so by law.
CHANGES TO THE PRIVACY STATEMENT
We may change this statement from time to time by posting revisions on this site. Each time you enter this site you agree that the privacy statement current at that time shall apply to all data we hold about you.
By using our website, you consent to the use of our personal data in the manner set out in this privacy statement.
If you have any queries or concerns about the privacy of your information, or how we use your information, please contact our office.
Great Food Affairs Ltd, PO Box 511, Northwich, CW9 9BX, UK
You can contact us by phone: +441606 784713. Please note our office opening hours are 11am-to-4pm, Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays).